Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage typically consists of a mixture of fire and water damage as fire departments use an enormous amount of water to save your home or business. Thankfully, Xtreme Cleaning & Restoration specializes in both water and fire damage restoration. We soda blast wood to remove charred material and run thermal foggers and oxygenators to remove the smell of smoke.
Restoration should begin as soon as the authorities say the property is safe. Smoke is an acidic byproduct of fire capable of corroding and staining surfaces. Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that if left untreated will continue to corrode and have negative effects on your health. Fire damage can be caused by: Furnace Backups, Appliance Malfunctions, Electrical Surges, Electrical Shortages and Faulty Electrical Wiring.
What you should do after a Fire…
- Call the experts first!
- Open all the windows.
- Move children and pets to a smoke-free environment.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power, then prop the door open to prevent odors from building up inside.
- Make a list of all items that were damaged and need to be replaced. Take pictures of the damage, you will need these for the insurance company and possibly for the fire investigation authorities.
What you should NOT do after a Fire…
- Wipe the walls, wood trim, furniture or any other absorbent surface.
- Sit on or move upholstered furniture.
- Consume any food product, including canned items, that were exposed to the extreme heat of the fire.
- Turn on the furnace or air conditioner.
- Stay away from electrical devices until the fire restoration service deems them safe.